Archive for the ‘Electrical’ Category
How to find electrical solutions for an electrical problem seems like a simple question with a simple answer. But it can be more complicated than it seems. Whether you need to find electrical solutions in your home or you need new electrical work in your business, its critical to find a skilled electrician that you can trust. Electrical work that is not done right can be very dangerous and become a serious problem later. You can short cut the whole process for an electrical solution by registering your request here.
Start by asking neighbours and friends – how did they find an electrician? Do they know someone? They may even have a number. However, the problem with is that you may feel obliged to go with their advice and if you don’t they might wonder why. Also you may just not feel comfortable asking a neighbour. Also they are unlikely to be able to give you a decent choice or number of possibilities. They may have electrical solutions but are they the ones you want?
You can look in Yellow Pages – there are usually lots of ads there for you to look at. Make sure they list the kind of work you want doing otherwise you can waste a lot of time and money calling and emailing.
Your Local Newspapers are likely to have some adverts posted by local electricians in the ‘classifieds’ section. The only difficulty with this is that you can’t easily check their credentials prior to inviting them around to your home and once they are there they can easily persuade you that they are the person you want – without you being entirely sure.
Look For Credible Review Sources – There are a number of credible review and rating sources which can help you find electrical solutions in your area. Paid review sites are usually good because they have their revenue go to staff and have the technology available to really monitor the review process properly so that it is accurate and avoids unethical and biased postings.
Do Some Online Searching – Make sure that you research how to find electrical solutions in your area first before you call someone to come and do the work. There are many resources online that can help you find the best one for the job. Obviously, we recommend www.comcero.com because it takes out all the hassle and you can check their credibility quickly and easily. You just post a description of your work and they respond.
Okay, so you are thinking of giving your house a rewire? House wiring or re-wiring is not something to consider lightly. First of all, does your house need a rewire? Is the wiring particularly old? Or is it faulty? Be sure of your reason before you consider a rewire. This is because it is not cheap and it will mean a fair bit of disruption to your home, and it also means finding the right professional to do it for you.
We would never recommend that you attempt to carry out a rewire job yourself – unless of course you are a rewire expert or highly competent electrician who understands all the necessary technical information required about wires, currents, sockets, consumer units, fuses, switches, as well as all the legal regulations that need to be adhered to.
If you are worried that your electrical system is inadequate or out of date, you must get a qualified electrician to assess it. A house rewire is not a job for an enthusiastic amateur who can claim to save you a bit of cash.
Rewiring a house needs to be done by a trained, qualified electrician, who can issue a ‘Building Regulations Compliance Certificate’.
Here are some things to consider when seeking a rewiring service:
1. Are they qualified to carry out the work that is needed. It is easy to assume they have and too many people don’t check this – only to find out to their regret later
2. Does the company comply with health and safety standards and other regulations?
3. If you call them – be sure to explain why you want a rewire
4. Find out what their charges are before you get them to come. Will they charge for a quote or assessment? Finding extra charges on you bill can be shocking especially if it includes a high call out fee that you weren’t expecting
5. Do they do night work? If something faulty occurs at night during the job will they come a fix it?
6. When your rewire service provider comes to your home or business try to get a quote before they begin the work
7. If new parts are required find out how long it will take them to get these. Some companies carry large stocks of materials and supplies or can get them quickly others may need to order – this could have a significant delay in getting your problem solved
8. Is their work guaranteed? You do not want to find that their rewire is faulty and that they charge again for re- repairing it! Make sure you get a guarantee
9. Are they insured? Some large rewire jobs badly done can cause other damage for which they should recompense you
10. If you are an old age pensioner, a student or someone on income support find out if they have any discounts or voucher systems that will make the work more affordable or even if they have any ‘first-time user deals or discounts – you never know until you ask
11. Find out if they cover your area
12. Be prepared for major disruption in your home as rewiring means digging itno walls and under floors etc and can take some weeks to complete.
13. Comcero is confident you will find all these important aspects in the professional tradesmen who use this site.